I borrowed a friend's trailer today and I must say, I feel as if I've joined a new fraternity! Empowerment swept through me as I navigated to and from the storage unit with my trailer in tow! I think I'll put "trailer" on my Christmas wish list! I would prefer a few diamonds decorating the edges to give it a feminine look!
Two friends showed up shortly after the sunrise and within minutes, had loaded the trailer, their van, and my truck. We persuaded Henry and Hogan to buckle up and the first delivery was made. "Welcome boxes, to your home away from home. We call it a storage unit. You will call it home!" My friend's husband is a master maneuverer of boxes, a parcel perfectionist, and cubby-hole-shover! Our system was flawless. She unloaded the trailer and made a pass to me. I handed off to him and he worked his magic. Smooth as silk! Thank you God, for friends who give up their day to help me. Thank you for giving spirits, for giving of time, and energy. Thank you for friends who let friends drive trailers without any prior experience or knowledge!
As the farewell meetings and meals continue, I feel an anxiousness mixed with eagerness and anticipation. Inhale. Exhale. You still with me, Lord? You have my back, right? Yes, I recall in Isaiah that you go before me and you are my rear guard. Breath deeply. I stopped by to pray with a friend preparing to head overseas in 48 hours. She'll deliver flip flops and the love to Jesus to people who will never see Conway, Arkansas, in person and maybe not even on a map! Tears rolled down my cheeks as we said farewell. But it's an exciting farewell to see what God will do.
Another farewell as I had dinner with the kind of friend that is different from me in her talents and experiences, and yet she possesses quirky qualities that if I were to reinent myself, I'd like to be more like her! Everyone should have at least one friend like that. She popped out of her car carrying a gift bag larger than life. It was filled with a picnic basket type carrier loaded with road trip necessities: coloring books, crayons, suckers, stickers, snacks, wipes, tissues, books, flashlights, and more! And the carrier collapses! She knows I'm a space saver! As I am reminded Lord of my blessings, I see how you brought my family to this place and allowed our paths to cross with these particular people. How grateful I am to be right here right now. A traveling mom of three recently reminded me to be in the moment. Be present where you are. As our countdown continues, I will make a concious effort to be fully present wherever I am.
Oh, the treausres we all have in our lives ... and sometimes they fit snuggly in a trailer!
No comments:
Post a Comment