One more set of squats! Two more sit ups! The morning started beautifully as the brilliant sun shone through the windows at our Hendrix group exercise class. Special guests attended. Sweaty hugs were extended. Breakfast with friends, gas in our new rig, a final stop at our favorite arts studio where we were showered with snacks and goodies, and finally, we are on the road!
Covering three states, we logged 240 miles today and crossed the mighty Mississippi River. Perhaps the best part of the trip was the peace and quiet in my vehicle as I was totally alone for nearly four hours! I'm not sure if that's happened in the last decade! I followed Jack and the kids to Oxford, Mississippi. Henry recognizes the Ole Miss logo everywhere. He sees it scarecly in Conway so for it to be attached to nearly everything here is a big deal!
Swimming and ice cream to top off the night and now, once again, it's quiet. A cool hotel room with kids sleeping all around is a little piece of heaven. Earlier when we walked into the room, Hogan scoured the room and peered up at his Daddy to inquire, "Where are the bunk beds?" It still hasn't sunk in that "home" is on the road, wherever our family is, wherever we travel!
Tomorrow, we tackle eastern Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and our final destination, South Carolina! Ready or not, Pelton family ... here we come!
So happy to hear you are safely in SC and nearly to the Peltons.
ReplyDeletePoppa is enjoying the college world series, and I am studying travel books about the Adriatic Seaports.
No rain and HOT!! I told Susan P. that her water bill may exceed the national debt as we're working to keep her grass green while they're at the beach.