Hiking

Hiking
The Fab Four

Friday, July 1, 2011

Professional Kayakers Club

After 3 kayak outings, may I label myself a kayaker?  For those of you who know my proficiency on the water, you will appreciate my skills handling a paddle in a moving watercraft!  We've been on Lake Wylie in Charlotte for a couple of days now.  Lucy and John Freeman are requesting that wherever we buy a house, could it please be on a lake?!  A small request, right?!

Teresa and I laughed ourselves silly this morning reminiscing about college days while enjoying the serenity of the sun rising over the lake.  Did I really wear that?  Why didn't you tell me sparkly blue eye shadow and big hair made me look like a backup singer for the Bee Gees? And sorry I ate your food all the time!

Hogan marveled at Teresa's spacious walk-in closet and politely asked if he could sleep there!  He's the fourth child.  He can bed down anywhere.  He has excellent taste.  If he asks to sleep in your closet, take it as a compliment!

Destination #4 awaits.  Soon we're off to brother Kevin's, his wife, Dana, and kiddos Kendrick and Allie near Winston-Salem.  We'll rendezous with Jack and celebrate the Fourth.  Eight days on the road and no major mishaps or horrendous hiccups! 

Thank you, God, for water sports, water crafts, water fun, the beauty and peacefulness the water provides.  Thank you for endless opportunities you bring our way.  May angels continue to guard our paths as we travel.  Bless these homes we've visited. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm just wondering if that "new paddle" (& the paddling instructions that accompanied it!) came in handy on the water!?!

    Sounds & looks like you all are having a great time! Pup is doing great!!

    Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a Southern Belle to the end, do I see earrings on your kayak picture?! Perfectly accessorized, even when in a kayak...that's why you're my hero!

    ReplyDelete